What a time we’re living through. COVID has had a devastating impact on families, communities and the country as a whole but the vaccines have given us a ray of hope, a way out of this nightmare we’re trying to wake up from. You may not think that football is important during these times and you’d be absolutely right – it doesn’t amount to a hill of beans when compared to what really matters. And yet…
Football has given us a focus: a diversion from the relentless bad news, something for us to cling to in terms of a hope for better days to come, when we can once again meet up with our families and friends and enjoy days out over a pint. The 90 minutes of the match itself is almost incidental – it’s everything else that matters; the routine of getting to the ground or going to a pub beforehand, the buzz as you approach the turnstiles, the hope and expectation that today will be your day. These are the things we’ve really missed and it’s also these things that have highlighted what we’ve known all along – that football is all about the fans; we ARE the football club.
And here’s the rub: Chelmsford City Football Club needs you right now. It really does. And the quickest and easiest way you can help it is by becoming a member of the Chelmsford City Supporters’ Club for the rest of this season, regardless of whether we play another game of football or not. We need to have a club when this is all over. We need to all be able to say “When my club needed me, I stepped up“. It’s that simple. And whoever it was that said “Football is the most important of the least important things in life“, well, we reckon they got it about right.
Membership pricing is below and every member will receive:
1) a specially commissioned 2020/21 enamel Wheel ’em In SC badge which will only be available to members *;
2) an individually-numbered membership card *;
3) 10% off SC merchandising when purchased at the SC hut once we’re allowed back in to matches;
4) exclusive content in our special Members’ Only area on the website.
* These can be posted to those members based overseas or those not living locally in the UK (please Contact us for postage cost details) but local members are asked to be patient and your badge/membership card will be given to you once we can attend matches again.
Adults (aged 18-64) £7
Senior (aged 65 & over) £5
Junior (aged 17 & under) £5
NB. When you join the Supporters’ Club, you will be notified of your membership number and log-in password for the members’ area within 48 hours.
We appreciate that this is only a part-season membership (annual renewals will be due for the start of the 2021/22 season as usual) but, please, help us make a difference.
Click the below box to join: