The EGM of the Chelmsford City FC Supporters’ Club took place on Wednesday 4th May (See minutes at the bottom of statement) with a new committee elected, including the election of Jordan McManus and Jon Read as Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively.
The rest of the elected committee has been announced via social media and the minutes from the meeting are now public. Our thanks go to those committee members, who have stood down, for their excellent service and also to outgoing Chairman Alan Jones who has agreed to remain on the committee.
In addition to the election of the new committee, the EGM allowed the Supporters’ Club to align itself with the Clarets4Change campaign.
As agreed by the members present at the EGM, the Supporters’ Club would like to make public our backing for Clarets4Change and the six aims that they set out at the beginning of their campaign.
The six aims of Clarets4Change are:
1) Supporter Representation on the Football Club Board.
2) Expand the Board, each with responsibility and accountability for different areas of the club.
3) Investment in infrastructure to improve tired facilities.
4) Open and honest communication and proactive engagement with the Supporters’ Club to ensure fan experience is improved and maintained.
5) Introduction of Commercial Initiatives to increase footfall, funds, quality of match day experience, and supporter engagement.
6) Convert the 10 Year Vision to a plan that shows accountability, progress, and end goals whilst bringing in all sections of the Club.
Their first aim – for supporter representation on the board – was achieved in a meeting between the football club, our representatives and Clarets4Change on 5th April 2022.
The EGM allowed us to elect the three representatives for the Football Club Board, who were Jordan McManus (as Chairman), Richard Macey and Richie Bethell, with two attending each board meeting.
It was also agreed between us and Clarets4Change that the three representatives would continue the discussions with the Football Club as initially started by Clarets4Change, with the follow-up meeting scheduled to take place in the coming days.
We look forward to working with and listening to all of our supporters in order to give everyone a greater voice in the future running of our club.